Better safe than sorry
Correct installation of a tow bar e-set requires a specialist. A good read of the installation manual will minimize the chance faults will made. However it still happens tow bar coding fails as a result of installation issues. We are happy to share some tips and tricks to help you preventing tow bar installation faults.
Tips and tricks
- Make sure the wiring kit is the correct one for the vehicle.
Tip: You can use the online catalog from wiring kit suppliers:
- ECS Electronics
- Erich Jaeger
- Jaeger Automotive
- Westfalia Automotive
- Carefully read the fitting instructions. In many cases the manual covers several vehicle models. Follow the instructions. Connecting the e-set in a different way then described in the manual can result in vehicle mall function.
- Make sure your workshop is clean and organised. This will result in less installation faults.
- If there is a LED on the control module, please use the diagnostic function of the LED to check your installation.
- After the e-set installation in most cases the trailer lights will work directly. Some vehciles require coding for the trailer lights. This is mentioned in the manual.
- Connect the Jifeline interface for the tow bar coding. Please follow the instructions in the app.
If you questions about tow bar coding? Please feel free to contact the Jifeline team via T 0031 85 486 3727. You can also contact us via email.