Thanks for using the Jifeline infrastructure through us or through our designated partners, or visiting our website(s). This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you visit our website, or when you use our Services or our partner’s services. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information. We take your privacy extremely seriously, and we never sell lists or email addresses or other kind of information.
These definitions should help you understand this policy. When we say “we,” “us,” “our,” and “Jifeline,” we are referring to Jifeline BV, our company situated in the Netherlands.
We provide an infrastructure that you may use to have your vehicle coded/programmed (the “Services”). This can be through us, but also through one of our designated partners.
When we say “designated partner” we are referring to our partners using our infrastructure to serve their members through their own service center.
When we say “Member,” we are referring to the person or entity that is registered with us or with one of our partners to use our Services. When we say “you,” we are referring either to a Member or to some other person who visits any of our Websites.
“Personal Information” means information that can be used to identify you or a Subscriber, including, but not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation or other demographic information.
The “Google apps” includes all apps created by Jifeline, but branded for our partners.
Information we collect
- Information from your use of the Service: We may receive information about how and when you use the Services, store it in log files or other types of files associated with your account, and link it to other information we collect about you. This information may include, for example, your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions you have taken within the application. This type of information helps us to improve our Services for both you and for all of our users.
- Web beacons: We use web beacons on our Websites and in our emails. When we send emails to Members, we may track behavior such as who opened the emails and who clicked the links. This allows us to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve our features for specific segments of Members. To do this, we include single pixel gifs, also called web beacons, in emails we send. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details.
- Information from the use of our Mobile Apps: When you use our mobile apps, we may collect certain information in addition to information described elsewhere in this Policy. For example, we may collect information about the type of device and operating system you use, your location and we may use record audio as well as the camera function. We may ask you if you want to receive push notifications about activity in your account. If you have opted in to these notifications and no longer want to receive them, you may turn them off through your operating system. We do not access or track any location-based information from your mobile device unless you have given us permission. We may use mobile analytics software to better understand how people use our application. We may collect information about how often you use the application and other performance data.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use and disclose Personal Information only for the following purposes:
- To promote use of our services to you. For example, if you leave your Personal Information when you visit our Website and do not sign up for any of the Services, we may send you an email inviting you to sign up. If you use any of our Services and we think you might benefit from using another Service we offer, we may send you an email about that. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email we send. In addition, we may use information we collect in order to advertise our Services to you or suggest additional features of our Services that you might consider using
- To send you informational and promotional content that you may choose to receive. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
- To bill and collect money owed to us by our Members. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency.
- To communicate with our Members about their account and provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our Members and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide, support, and improve the Services we offer.
This includes, for example, collecting information from your use of the Services or visit to our Websites and sharing this information with third parties to improve our Services. When we do have to share Personal Information with third parties, we take steps to protect your information by requiring these third parties to enter into a contract with us that requires them to use the Personal Information we transfer to them in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
Public Information and Third Party Websites
We have public blogs on our Websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us here. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
Social media platforms and widgets
Our Websites include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Links to third-party websites
All security on our Websites is treated seriously. Where applicable, we undertake security steps, including use of SSL technology, on our back-end systems that store customer account information and to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures. If you have any further concerns about security, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accuracy of Data, Transparency
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes (for example, if you have a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your Personal Information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as needed to provide you with our Services. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our Agreements.
Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please use our contact form or email at: email@example.com
De Hoogjens 11
NL-4254 XV Sleeuwijk, Noord-Brabant
Updated February 16, 2017